2 tuners question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2 tuners question

hi

i installed Astra2 on tuner 2 and 3 others on tuner 1 as 2 different cables
    now i still dont get it why transponders get blocked on tuner1 if i'm recoding from tuner2 ?
    whats the use of having the twin tuners anyway in this case?
    is it something to do with the software or do we have to live with it?
  • Re: 2 tuners question

Genious 5000 , I see you have not got a responce to your query. I have tried every trick in the book to overcome this problem,but come up empty all the time.I have twin cables and another sat box to drive my motor. I previously owned a Samsung twin receiver and never had a problemaccessing the second tuner. To me it is obvious that when you cannot access the second tuner directly from the remote conrtol that there must be an inherent problem. If you find a solution please contact me.I stopped asking on the forums mostly because no one could help. I maybe daft but I am not stupid. Humax customer Dept were helping me with this problem but three weeks of phone problems on my end end that line of help. I just gave up.TMULL

@genius5000,

Is it correct that you have connected one cable from the iCord to a fixed antenna and the other one to a motorized one?
    If so than I have to point out the fact that sadly (at least at this time) the iCord does not support this.

KlaBuKi

"KlaBuKi" wrote:

@genius5000,

Is it correct that you have connected one cable from the iCord to a fixed antenna and the other one to a motorized one?
    If so than I have to point out the fact that sadly (at least at this time) the iCord does not support this.

KlaBuKi

hi KlaBuKi

here is my installation:

Antenna Type : Fixed Antenna
    Connection Type : Two Cable (Different)

on Tuner1 : Astra1, Hotbird, Eurobird9 with diseqc A, B, C = one cable
    on Tuner2 : Astra2 with one cable direct from a separate LNB (no diseqc)

i mean, i can get a few channels from either tuner while recording
    but i thought if i'm recording one or more channels from one tuner
    i should be able to access ALL the channels from the other tuner, no?

thanks

My set-up is the same. Two cables,two LNBs, fixed antenna. I can watch maybe one or two other channels whilst recording but most times I get the message : Not available while recording : I am happy with the set and I can manage without the second tuner,but the use of a second tuner was one of the reasons I bought the set. Surely if it can be accessed by some people and not others that the makers would be aware of the problem and publish a fact sheet that we could download. If I ever get to the bottom of this problem I can assure members that I will post the solution here.TMULL

Maybe this may be of help.
    I came across the same problem but after some research I found out the following:
    It all depends on the transponder (frequency) of the channels. For instance: if your recording a channel on transponder1 and watching a channel on transponder2 both tuners are in operation. Because of the fact that the tuner(s) will lock the frequency you will only be able to watch (or record) channels that are either on transponder1 and 2.

I hope this is of help to you.

Charles
    Humax iCord-HD (1.00.13)||Inverto 7000||topfield 5000
    Samsung FE46F86 HDMI

Charles,thank you for your input,but it is of very little help. If the set has two tuners and each tuner has its own lnb ,like mine has surely tuner No1 should not interfere with tuner No 2. It is like having two seperate sets and then accepting that set one will interfere with set two. As I said previously there is a problem that I have learned to accept.Only that I previously owned a Samsung twin tuner satellite receiver that was as easy as pie to operate I would now be of the opinion that the icord is as it is. But I know how good it could be and I believe that most icord owners do not realise what a wonderful feature a twin tuner set can be. I would not like to offend anyone on this forum,especially as I have received so much help here,but most English speaking members will remember the Fawlty Towers episode where John Cleese uttered the famous words ;Dont mention the war: On here it seems to be :Dont mention the problem with the twin tuner: Rather than sending another post may I take this oppertunity to thank the Mod iCFH for sorting my access problem to the forum out so quickly. Absolute brilliant service .Thank you TMULL

Yes there is.
    Press "Menu" on the remote control. Goto the 4th section (System) and select the second entry (Signal detection). There you will see, what the tuners currently do.

(As shown in the manual on page GB74 :zwinker: )

KlaBuKi

I very well know the Fawlty Towers episode (it's hilareous) but I do not agree with your statement that there is a problem with the twin tuner of the iCord. I have read all German and Dutch forums and I have not come across a general twin tuner problem. What I have found is that many users are confused by Humax statement that one can record 4 channels whilst watching a fifth. The statement in itself is correct but in the real world it is not that easy. I also own an Iverto 7000 twin tuner and technically it works just the same as the iCord. I have read this thread once more and from what I understand I still believe it comes down to a misperception. My set up is the same as yours. I have Astra1, for Dutch channels, and Astra2 for BBC/ITV (I am Dutch but live in France). Both are connected to the iCord via Disecq switches. I can record 4 channels and watch another channel at the same time. But... I can only do this if the 4 channels that I am recording are on the same frequency. This is not a limitation of the iCord but it is just the way it works in the Twin Tuner World. For your convenience some examples:

BBC 1, 2, 3 and 4 are on Astra2, frequency 10.773. You should be able to record them all and watch BBC HD which is on Astra2, frequency 10.847 or ITV1,2,4 which are on Astra2 frequency 10.758.

If you're recording BBC1 and ITV2 both tuners will be working (here's your test if both tuners are actually working). One tuner will be locked to 10.773 and the other to 10.758. As a consequence you will still be able to watch BBC2, 3 and 4 because they are on the same frequency as BBC1, and you also will still be able to watch ITV1, and 4 because they are on the same frequency as ITV2.
    You will not be able to watch any channel that is not on 10.773 or 10.758 frequency.

If you test this with your set up and it works like I described then there is nothing wrong with your iCord....

Cheers,
    Charles
    Humax iCord-HD (1.00.13)||Inverto 7000||topfield 5000
    Samsung FE46F86 HDMI

Charles,Thank you. Both for a really useful explaination and for taking the time to write it down. Yes it was a misconception on my part .As I previously owned a twin tuner receiver that let me record one channel on one tuner and watch any other channel on the other tuner on that satellite I thought all twin tuners would be the same. I now understand the situtation and am happy to accept same.To be truthfull I was beginning to to feel as if members were beginning to think that this particular Irish member was a bit daft. I am very appreciative of all the members here who have been very helpful to me and to the Mods for leaving me rant on. I believe the icord will be a great box in time with the input of the members here. Thank you all again.TMULL