Icord Evolution Discrete On/Off.. Or Detecting its State

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Icord Evolution Discrete On/Off.. Or Detecting its State

Hello,

Apologies for needing to write in English and a long post.

I'm in Germany and have an iCord Evolution. I have a programmable remote control with macros. For my tv and amplifier I have discrete power codes. For the Humax, I can only find power toggle codes.

I've tried other Humax discrete power on/off codes (and wrote something to try all discrete IR codes possible for my Evolution's IR device id) but couldn't find any discrete power codes.

I can integrate code with my remote control, so had a stupid idea: ping the Humax, if I get a reply I know it's on, etc. However, in standby the Evo. 'wakes up' every now and then - to check for remotely-programmed recordings etc. - and is ping-able, so my code would sometimes fail. I also looked at the UPnP commands the Humax advertises but couldn't find anything that reports the current state (for live TV) or discretely turns on or off the Humax (the Humax Android app seems also to send a power toggle code).

SHMBO means I can't turn off the remote recording feature, or power saving in standby, or leave it on all the time. So I'm stuck.

Does anyone have any ideas for discrete codes to turn the Humax on or off, or a way to check whether the Evo is on - reliably?

I guess I'm missing something obvious, sorry!
    • fchorley wrote:

it is really annoying - but there are no discrete remote control codes available for iCord Evolution till now.
      Yes, it's a bit poor.

I was going mad with this, and had a spare lan-enabled power measuring device around, so checked the power consumption. The Evo's consumption when watching tv is around 30 watts. When it's in standby put pingable (*with* standby power saving enabled) the consumption is still around 30 watts.

Duddits wrote:

For my Philips Pronto I use the Digit 1 for Power On...
      This doesn't work for me, the Evo doesn't turn on. Happily though, I realised I missed checking uPnP action X_GetFlingInfo - :kopfklatsch:

In case useful for anyone else (although probably not), to humax_ip_address:55200/AVTransport/control, POST with header -

SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1#X_GetFlingInfo"

and body -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <s:Body>
      <u:X_GetFlingInfo xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1">
      <InstanceID>0</InstanceID>
      </u:X_GetFlingInfo>
      </s:Body>
      </s:Envelope>

This returns what the Humax is currently showing. If the Humax is in standby but can be pinged, the returned xml elements <CurrentURI> and <CurrentURIMetaData /> are empty. This means I have a slightly horrendous and slow way for my remote control to check the power state before issuing a power toggle. A nicer way would be welcome still!

Cheers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by fchorley ().

• Duddits wrote:

You have to wait about one minute till Evolution is really in standby - than power consumption is significant lower
      Yes, definitely, thanks. What I meant is, I thought there might be a noticeable difference between the power consumption when watching tv, and the power consumption when in standby but calling the Humax mothership.

But again, yes, definitely. In standby power saving mode, the consumption drops down to about 0.3 watts between calls home. If not in standby power saving mode, it drops to around 3 watts between calls.

Thanks.