Mounting icordHD in Foxsat HDR as virtual USB drive

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mounting icordHD in Foxsat HDR as virtual USB drive

Hi everyone,

Quick question in case any bright spark can help.
      I have both an icordHD and Foxsat HDR, both running custom firmware, latest versions. The Foxsat gives a feature to mount a nas drive as a virtual USB drive on the Media menu. Done it successfully with a Flash drive plugged into my Fritz.box router. Had the idea of doing it to the icordHD and using its larger HDD as an overflow for the Foxsat.
      So far to luck (perhaps it can't be done).

The Foxsat requires the following info to mount a network drive...
      Server IP Address (I know that one)
      Share Name (the name of the share on the network eg fritz.nas, have been trying both icordHD and Media. Media makes sense given how the fritz.box one works)
      Mount Directory (Just the folder name it creates in the Foxsat)
      Username (been trying icordHD, humaxFTP, smartFTP)
      Password (been trying 0000, icordHD)

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated
    • It's not possible to access the harddisk of the iCordHD via USB connection.
      But I have another idea:
      If you really have the "old" iCordHD, you can use MiniRootFS, a firmware extension of the forum team, on it. This can run a SAMBA server. If you can access a SAMBA share from the Foxsat, this could work.

But pay attention. I do not know, how the iCord reatcs on foreign files on its hard drive!
      Gruß,
      Andreas
    • Still playing around with this.
      The log on the custom firmware on the Humax Foxsat HDR come up with this when it fails to mount the Media folder
      from the iCordHD
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:45 GMT 2013 : Physical USB device found at : sda1
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:45 GMT 2013 : Found Gadget on : sdb1
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:46 GMT 2013 : Pinging Host 192.168.178.22
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : Ping of host successfull .... mapping drive
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : Making mount point directory /media/sdb1/iCordHD
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : Mounting //192.168.178.22/Media onto /media/sdb1/iCordHD
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : ERROR Mounting //192.168.178.22/Media onto /media/sdb1
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : Mount command returns => mount: permission denied. (are you root?)
      Fri Nov 15 23:07:48 GMT 2013 : Finished mounting all mount points

The Foxsat clearly sees the iCordHD, but it seems to be a permissions thing. I Googled the line about "mount: permission denied. (are you root?)", there were some hits, but it was outside of my understanding.
      If I can mount the "Media" network folder as a mapped drive in Windows, why would other none windows computers on the network have permission problems.

I suspect I am way out of my depth here.