Since the move to a new transponder, TV Vlaanderen does not work any more on the Humax iCord HD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Since the move to a new transponder, TV Vlaanderen does not work any more on the Humax iCord HD

Hello,

I'm a Belgian living in Germany and to keep in touch with the homeland, I got a subscription to TV Vlaanderen via satellite and bought an iCord HD decoder, with which I am very happy.

Recently, TV Vlaanderen moved part of its channels to a new decoder: Astra 1 19.2° 12722/H/22000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK. The iCord loaded the channels without issue, but when I try to see the channel I get the error message "The channel is scrambled or not available". However, I can see other channels that remained on the old transponders; for example Ned1 on 12515/H/22000 5/6 which is under the same subscription, I see without issue.

I first thought it was an issue with the CI module and I got a new one from TV Vlaanderen. However; if I use this one, the iCord does not even allow me to see the old programs cfr Ned1.

It is, however, not an issue with the subscription itself: when I put either CI module directly in my TV, I can watch the programs with no issue. So it must be a technical problem. But TV Vlaanderen does not help as the iCord is not a supported decoder (they have exactly 2 they support) and Humax couldn't help as they are not familiar with Belgian satellite providers.

A few specifications:

- TV vlaanderen uses Mediaguard encryption.

- The CI modules I have are both by Smardtv, the old one P/N 904120 R1.6 DVB nr 2298 - the nez one P/N 904120 R1.6 DVB Nr 2298.

Anyone an idea on how I can solve this?

Many thanks in advance...
    • Did I understand you correct?

- Yoe have two Modules that seems to be exactly the same
      - With the old one, you only can decode the "old" transponders
      - With the new one, you only can decode the "new" transponders

Is that right?

If so, is it possible that both modules use different settings in the settings menu of the CI modules?
      Gruß,
      Andreas
    • I am not sure either why is this way, I see however that the new transponder is DVB-S2 while the old one was DVB-S.
      My bet is that you have an insufficient reception, as DVB-S2 channels need a better S/N ratio than older DVB-S ones, and also not all transponders of a satellite have the same power and they are subject to interferences in a different manner.
      The Humax is not the master of reception, it may fail where others succeed (like Kathrein).
    • Ghitulescu wrote:

.... as DVB-S2 channels need a better S/N ratio than older DVB-S ones

Nicht ganz !
      DVB-S2 ist eine Weiterentwicklung von DVB-S und hat eine viel bessere Fehlerkorrektur !

DVB-S2 ist im Grunde nur die Weiterentwicklung des Ursprungsformats, wobei mittels optimierter Kodierungs- und Fehlerkorrekturverfahren ein bis zu 30 Prozent schnellerer Datentransfer als bei DVB-S möglich sein soll.

Bei DVB-S und DVB-S2 ist der Normpegel nach DIN EN 60728-1 (früher EN 50083-7) festgelegt auf 47-77dbµV (optimale Werte bei DVB-S 50-65dbµV und bei DVB-S2 50-73dbµV)

Der C/N Wert ist auch nicht soooo wichtig wie die BER (VBER) oder der Pegel selbst.
    • In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. :05:

But anyway, your numbers underlined what I said. At least 2.4dB CNI (carrier-to-noise + interference) is required to go up from QPSK (DVB-S) to high-bit-density equivalent 8PSK (DVB-S2) for equal treatment. The higher the bitrate, the higher the CNI requirement. In other words the reception of DVB-S2 all things equal is with 2.4dB worse (more or less equivalent to one extra F-Stecker on the cable). But this is off-topic anyway, important is for the OP to improve the reception, despite ASTRA 19° shouldn't be an issue in Germany.
    • > Dau0815: Oeps, I typed something wrong there. the new CI module is DVB number 4945. So not exactly the same. And with the old CI module I can see the old transponder; but with the new CI module I don't see either the new or the old transponder (i.e. no TV Vlaanderen encrypted channels at all).

> Everyone else: don't think reception is the problem as both CI modules do work when I put them directly in my Philips TV. I have no issue watching TV Vlaanderen then, just via the iCord. On the 'new' transponder; the reception is 85% strength and 100% quality on the iCord.

Thanks everyone for trying to help... I really like my iCord and would hate to replace it with another decoder.
    • Did you test the icord on same cable than the philips-tv ?

"number 4945" ist not a type of a module .... thats more an serial number than that.

There are MPEG2 and MPEG4 moduls ... and "Mediaguard" (decryption type for tv Vlaanderen) ist not always the same, there are plenty other containers ....

So best would be to see an picture of your modules (front + back)

This one are the orig. ones .....

[Blocked Image: http://www.eurosatshop.be/shopping/images/product_images/popup_images/71469_0.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://cdn.billiger.com/dynimg/qeH97AeOav_v2Bcnl0Vv3ea0J0MU7XRIHDrU21LmKOZAF4c0q9hDHXSzmDKsj02Go9PdOKKV7H0c5PrHJnabcgExhLztrTIFmrh6vj_BP66/Canal-Digitaal-TV-Vlaanderen-CI-Modul.jpg]
    • dustpuppy77 wrote:

> Everyone else: don't think reception is the problem as both CI modules do work when I put them directly in my Philips TV. I have no issue watching TV Vlaanderen then, just via the iCord. On the 'new' transponder; the reception is 85% strength and 100% quality on the iCord.

The icord is not accurate at all. Take those numbers with a grain of salt.
      Unfortunately, the icord uses below average tuners (from Samsung). I had myself problems with the new HDTV channels (when they introduced ARD HD, ZDF HD and the rest), despite "good values" as shown by icord. I changed the icord first with a Technotrend 850 - perfect image. Then with a Kathrein 922 - equally good. Then with a Panasonic - brilliant (the best image I've seen so far). Now I use a Topfield 77000HDPVR and no issues. But the icord still has reception problems, where all the others are fully happy.
      See if you have no DECT around, or even strong WiFi (W-LAN) routers or repeaters. Move the cable away, or the routers, or the phone.
    • > SAT-ShopHN: these are the two CI modules I have. The one with the globe on it is the new one, the one with TV Vlaanderen logo the old one. So I have the originals... and I did try the TV with the same cable as the iCord.

> Ghitulescu: worth trying. We do have wireless phone and internet. Will try to switch everything off over the weekend and try again.
    • DECT-Problem is mostly just TP104 (12480 vertical) .... TV-Vlaandern is "nearly" on 12722MHz (horizontal) .... so maybe try that ... but i think thats not the reason that one modul has annothter behavior than the other ....

I didn´t ever hear of a WiFi-Problem, thats a totaly different frequency range (2,4 GHz + 5 GHz).

TV Vlaandern = ZF-Frequency 12722MHz + HOF 10600 MHz = 23322MHz = 2.33 MHz ... and there´s not so big range of 700MHz.