Last software update for ICORD mini over a year ago ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Last software update for ICORD mini over a year ago ?

I have just set up my new Icord mini. It is connected to the internet with TV portal working just fine. I tried to do a software update via TV portal and it told me "update has already been done". When I go to system information, it tells me that the software version is from February 2012.

Is this correct?

Has there been no software updates for the icord mini in over a year?
    • Thanks for confirming that. Doesn't look like the online software update is working on my machine then. Perhaps because I am in the UK?

I have tried to find the latest software on the Humax website but couldn't find it. I pressume it can be done manually via a usb drive.

Can someone help me please?
    • Thanks for that guys, I am really pleased with the support I am getting on this forum so far. Am not pointing to Astra 1 19.2 so can't do it that way.

I will check to see if my hub firewall is stopping my icord mini from accessing the update website or something.
    • Guys I am really struggling with this.

I have tried factory resetting machine. All the other apps on tv portal work fine, but it keeps saying "New Software has already been applied".

Can someone tell me the date the latest version of the software that was released for the icord mini. It should tell you this information when you go into system details.
    • Thanks, I would like to contact Humax in Germany with regards to this problem. I sent them email in English but no reply. I would like to try again but send in German. Could someone check this google translation of my original email for me please?

Ich habe vor kurzem die Icord mini gekauft und nach System-Informationen, ist die aktuelle Software installierte Version 1.00.06 ab Februar 2012.

Ich weiß, dass es zu Updates seit. Ich habe versucht, die Aktualisierung via TV-Portal, aber es sagt immer "New Software bereits angewendet wurde". Das Gericht an meinem Icord auf Hotbird behoben 13 Grad Ost.

Können Sie mir, warum die TV-Portal Software-Update nicht richtig funktioniert und wenn es geht, aktiv absehbarer Zeit gemacht werden?
    • Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich habe vor kurzem den Icord mini gekauft und laut den System-Informationen ist die installierte Software 1.00.06 von Februar 2012 die aktuellste.

Ich weiß, dass es ein Update gibt. Ich habe die Aktualisierung via TV-Portal versucht. Aber dieses sagt immer, dass bereits die neueste Software installiert wurde.

I don't know what you would like to say with that sentence: Das Gericht an meinem Icord auf Hotbird behoben 13 Grad Ost.

Können Sie mir sagen, warum das TV-Portal Software-Update nicht richtig funktioniert und ob es dies in absehbarer Zeit wieder tun wird?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    • Final check before I send this email to humax tech support Germany

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

ich habe vor kurzem den Icord mini gekauft und laut den System-Informationen ist die installierte Software 1.00.06 von Februar 2012 die aktuellste. Ich weiß, dass es ein Update gibt. Ich habe die Aktualisierung via TV-Portal versucht. Aber dieses sagt immer, dass bereits die neueste Software installiert wurde. Meine Signalzuführung wird nur über Hotbird 13 Grad Ost erhalten (Astra 19 Grad kann ich nicht empfangen).

Können Sie mir sagen, warum das TV-Portal Software-Update nicht richtig funktioniert und ob es dies in absehbarer Zeit wieder tun wird?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    • Reply from Humax Germany

Sehr geehrter HUMAX - Nutzer,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Wir haben Ihr Anliegen durch die Fachabteilung prüfen lassen. Das Softwareupdate 1.00.16 steht weiterhin OT (Over The Air) und über Das TV Portal zur Verfüung. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Interneteinstellungen Ihres Digitalreceivers. Alternativ schlagen wir vor den iCord Mini an eine andere Empfangsanlage anzuschließen mit einem Empfang über Astra 19,2°E

Wir wünschen Ihnen eine angenehme Woche.
    • Not accepting Humax response

It translates on google to:

"Dear HUMAX - Users

Thank you for your email.

We can consider your request by the department. The software update is still 1:00:16 OT (Over The Air) and on the TV portal 'disposal. Please check the internet settings on your digital receiver. Alternatively, we propose the iCord mini to another receiving system to connect with a reception on Astra 19.2 ° E

We wish you a pleasant week."

Not the most useful response as "petemax" pointed out earlier in the thread that the TV portal update doesn't actually work. Every other TV portal application on my icord mini works except the update. Is it one of these cases where the company REFUSE to admit there is a problem so blame the ignorance of the customers?

I am not accepting this and propose to write back with an email along the lines of:

"Dear Humax,

I do not believe there is anything wrong with my internet settings. Every other Application on my Icord mini TV portal works correctly EXCEPT the software update. Are you sure there is not a problem with your online TV portal software update application? When was it last checked? Is there a port address I need to open on my router? If so can you let me know what these ports are please?"
    • Unfortunately, they are not obliged to. They provided two alternate ways, so it's not their fault that you insists using your way.
      On the other hand, schooling the customers in using their own network (in particular router) is beyond the scope of a manufacturer of satellite/cable receivers.
      Sorry if it sounds unfriendly, it's simply not, just a study of a real case.

Find someone with an ASTRA 19° dish.
    • Got dish pointing to Astra 1(19.2) but still can't update software

Ok, I got a portable dish and pointed it to Astra 19.2

I got a signal strength of 80% and quality 85%. I received all Astra 19.2 channels just fine.

When I go to Automatic update of software or Manual update of software, it says "searching for new software" for a minute or so then displays "No new software found".

On the manual update the following is displayed:

Satellite: Astra 1 (19.2)

Frequency: 12604

Polarisation: Horizontal

Symbol rate: 22000

FEC: 5/6

I took photographs of the screens as this was happening but I do not know how to upload/display photos on this forum. If someone would like to explain how to do that then I will show the photos.

Getting back to the software update, is there something I am doing wrong?