thinking of purchase iCord HD+ in Dubai

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• thinking of purchase iCord HD+ in Dubai

Hi there, newbie to this forum and all iCord units
      I am thinking of purchasing the iCord HD+ here in DXB, and they have very little information available here..
      So I will try here, if you can help with some basic Q's.

1. Will the unit's LAN connection allow me to playback unencrypted recordings made by the unit on another network device.. eg: PC, DLNA device.?
      2. What file format is used for these recordings ?
      3. Will the unit work with any satelite.?
      4. Will the unit work especially with the satelites available in New Zealand ?
      5. Looking at the wish list of improvements on this forum there is still a lot of things required to make it work fully.. how good is the unit for you does it do what you expected when you made your purchase.?
      6. what is the real difference between the HD and HD+..?
      7. Is the iCord the best satlelite PVR.?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice or comments..
      cheers
      Doobre
    • doobre wrote:

Hi there, newbie to this forum and all iCord units
      I am thinking of purchasing the iCord HD+ here in DXB, and they have very little information available here..
      So I will try here, if you can help with some basic Q's.
      Does anyone have a answer for my Q's..??

doobre wrote:

1. Will the unit's LAN connection allow me to playback unencrypted recordings made by the unit on another network device.. eg: PC, DLNA device.?
      2. What file format is used for these recordings ?
      3. Will the unit work with any satelite.?
      4. Will the unit work especially with the satelites available in New Zealand ?
      5. Looking at the wish list of improvements on this forum there is still a lot of things required to make it work fully.. how good is the unit for you does it do what you expected when you made your purchase.?
      6. what is the real difference between the HD and HD+..?
      7. Is the iCord the best satlelite PVR.?
      No. 1 - is the HD+ allowing playback thru the LAN to any DLNA
      No. 3 - will it work with any FTA satellite?
      How good is it ???

doobre wrote:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice or comments..
      cheers
      Doobre
    • well despite the little help that I received from here, i did go ahead and purchase it..
      the FTA looks good but very few are HD.. even BBC World News which i thought was HD worldwide, shows as 576i..???
      the guide works for those channels which provide it, but only a few programmes ahead, and the timing is not correct on many.. it seems to be a few hours late, so the guide has very limited use..
      the DVR is good quality and the recordings can be played back thru my WDTVlive no probs..
      also windows media player on my windows7 PC but not on the vista PC..
      when I return to New Zealand I will see what FTA channels it will receive and how well the DVR and guide works there...
      CD